DriSpace (Building Systems from TCL Hunt) offers a range of comprehensive passive ventilation roof and wall systems, aimed to minimise internal moisture problems for NZ homes. DriSpace Systems (DriSpace System Literature) are created by combining high vapour permeable DriStud roof and wall underlays, with VENT passive ventilation products and Proctor airtight membranes.
VB10, 10mm thick ventilation and drainage battens are a new addition to DriSpace systems.
The new VB10 batten is recommended for use under metal roof claddings with a large surface area in contact with roof underlays or vapour barrier foils. VB10 is designed to facilitate ventilation (passive airflow) and drainage above the roof underlay and prevents the transfer of the dew point from the roof cladding to the underside of roof underlay. It comes with peel-off adhesive backing, eliminating the need for nails or glue as temporary fixing.
It is recommended for skillion and trussed roofs, especially for roofs with cladding profiles with a large area of surface contact with roof underlays i.e. trapezoidal or deep trough profiles. It is to be used as part of proprietary DriSpace ventilation system. You can download the DriSpace systems from www.drispace.co.nz or go to the link: DriSpace System Literature. Technical drawings of DriSpace vented roof systems are available on the DriSpace website: DriSpace Technical Drawings
- Convenient peel-off adhesive backing eliminates the need for nails or glue
- Insect proof — 4mm vents prevent ingress of nesting insects
- Provides passive airflow of 8,000mm² per linear metre
- Easy to install — manufactured in 1800mm lengths for easy handling
- Strong and durable — when used as a vented batten on top of roofing battens, the VENT VB10 has been upgraded in strength and tested to exceed foot traffic weight requirements on the roof above
- Recommended for skillion and trussed roofs
- Commercial and residential application
- To be used as part of proprietary ventilation system
Please contact the DriSpace team for any questions or queries on [email protected] or 0800 374 7883.